Monday, April 11, 2005

Lots of Shays Rebellion news everywhere

One of us will have a round-up later this morning, but here's a great quote from the Houston Chronicle story covering Rep. Chris Shays' Rebellion against Tom DeLay:

"I have no comment on anything," Rep. Michael Castle, R-Del., said as he avoided questions about DeLay last week.

Later in the story, the Chron picks up our announcement, which we'll release with details later today:

The Public Campaign Action Fund will announce today that it will run new anti-DeLay ads in key congressional districts.


  • While I am outraged by Delay and the NEOCONS I think we should keep him. The longer he stays in office the more the public will learn about not just Delay but all of the crazy people in Congress that are screwing us.

    By Blogger Gregg, at 12:56 PM  

  • I disagree I think he serves as a decoy from the real problems. Once he is gone we can focus on stuff that counts!

    By Blogger Crackpot Press, at 1:30 PM  

  • Delay has to go, The American People are fed up with the doublespeak coming out of congress and the white house. Corporate Cronyism has to go, this country is about the people, not the bluebloods and the mega-rich brownshirts who control everything to their greedy terms which keep the people poor and servant-like.

    By Anonymous noosjunki, at 7:29 PM  

  • just get rid of the creep; if he were a democrat this convdersation wouldn't even be happening, and we all know it!

    By Blogger linda, at 9:27 PM  

  • Here's my letter to the Spokesman Review (our local Spokane paper). Enjoy!

    Dear Editor;

    Where are the letters about Tom DeLay in your paper? I can't find them; I've something to say... Congradulations Representative Shay(R-CT) for taking a stand against Tom DeLay! Shay risks the ire of the Republican party. Or, perhaps he knows that if he moors his ship to DeLay's, he'll be dragged down into the muck & mire with him and his slimy cohorts (like Jack Abramoff). I think that Rick Santorum senses this, and is fighting against corruption, or he's simply after DeLay's position.

    Either way, DeLay must go. From Houston, I watched DeLay's carreer from close range. I'm suprised that it took this long for the national spotlight to find him. Even in the 5th congressional district where I was raised, DeLay was viewed as an extremist nut in the 1990's, before his ethical abuses were making the front page. (that district once belonged to Bush senior).

    I applaude any member of Congress who demands DeLay's resignation as majority leader of the House. I support those who boldly step out from behind the Republican veil of secrecy that serves as the twisted common etiquette for their pledge of brotherhood. Even if it's just to get DeLay's job for himself.

    Nikki Monacelli

    By Anonymous nikki, at 10:45 PM  

  • For sure I would be glad to see DeLay go. I also, would like to know what happens if he is involved in the scandal in Texas misusing corporate campaign funds for redistricting, what happens to the area that was changed? Does it go back to the original map or does it stay as is? Anyone know?

    By Anonymous CB, at 11:12 PM  

  • Do a google search on "Tom DeLay" and then "Bill Gates"

    I think you will clearly see the better candidate for this position. Further information on "Delay" can be found at

    One I particularly find interesting:

    If you have more information on "Delay" and his ethical conduct, I am writing a senior thesis which I will probably end up atempting to publish.

    I am also in the process of contacting DeLay and his supporters for any type of support they can find for their ethical conduct.

    Needless to say, they haven't gotten back to me.

    By Blogger The Apparent, at 3:31 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger thomas, at 6:33 AM  


    Read this for proof of how congress is taking care of working Americans...

    By Blogger thomas, at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home